Advance Timing 4 Degrees
Increasing the timing 4 degrees on your Yamaha Blaster is a relatively easy modification and should only take you roughly 30 minutes to do. It is a very common mod in the ATV scene and many say that it makes a noticeable difference.
Before you begin make sure you have the following tools:
- Flywheel puller
- Flywheel holder
- Torque wrench
- Dremel or similar rotary tool with grinding bit
Got all the needed tools? Alright, let’s begin:
- Locate and unplug the wiring connector for the stator behind the frame tube next to the carburetor.
- Unbolt and remove the stator cover.
- Using the flywheel puller, remove the flywheel and keyway.
- Using a scribe, screwdriver, or some other marking tool, mark a line indicating stock timing location as shown below.
- Unscrew the two bolts from the stator and remove it.
- Using the same tool from step 4, mark a line 3mm to the left of each mounting hole as shown below .
- Using the dremel and grinding bit, enlarge the holes 3mm to the line you just made.
- Reinstall the stator plate and rotate it to advance the timing 4 degrees.
If you plan to complete this mod or have previously done so already, please leave a comment and let every one know of any noticeable improvements or problems you have from advancing timing 4 degrees on your quad. Source: http://www.rydindirty.com/howtoadvanceignition.htm